HOWDY FRIENDS!

Welcome to youseethat.blogspot.com
please post and comment often! instructions can be found here. please subscribe to keep up with new posts.
you can automatically keep track of new posts buy subscribing to posts and comments and then see updates via your google homepage or google reader.


Friday, September 16, 2011

Ya gotta respect a bug that turns it's head to look at you.


Sent from my Nokia N8

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do respect this bug. An old timer recently told me that he watched one of these tear the head off a hummingbird in his hedges.

sean3000 said...

I believe it!
This here old-timer once found one and put it in Jordan's tank with a lizard and a tree-frog so Jordan could observe these alien creatures up close... we walk away for maybe 10 mins and come back to find the Mantis hanging upside down from the tank screen-cover and grasping the bewildered tree-frog by one leg while beginning to chew away at leg joint!
The frog had to weigh 3 times the Mantis but they are natural born killers. I stopped the carnage and the frog was fine but I still gotta wonder what that would have been like to watch.

Unknown said...

So I just checked out some Mantis pwnage on the youtube.... 3 words:
awe. some. sauce!

There was a Mantis sitting on a hummingbird feeder, and then a hummingbird came over, and the Mantis did the head-turn that you captured on "film". I almost pooped myself.

Next came the pwnage.

Aimee said...

Hopefully he/she will just eat the bugs that are in the garden and not our visiting hummingbirds!